I’m so excited to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award from Amanda at Delightfully Impatient. She and I have connected via Instagram, which led me to her blog and let me tell you-she’s amazing! Not only is she beautiful with great style, but her posts and well-written and fun to read. You should definitely visit her site (link above) and check out this amazing lady!
The Liebster Award is an online recognition given to new bloggers by fellow bloggers for enjoying and valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and credit new up and coming blogs within our community.
Once you are nominated you:
- Thank and give recognition to the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
- Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next.
- Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination.
Now let’s get this party started!
First, I’ll let you know just a little bit about myself.
- I got married last December to the love of my life and sometimes my polar opposite, Battle. We are perfectly matched for each other and I love being his wife! He is also incredible for taking the majority of my pictures for me. #instagramhusband lol
- I am currently working on my PhD in Experimental Psychology. I really enjoy pursuing science and being involved in academia, hence my blog name, Ivory Tower Chic (the Ivory Tower is a nickname for academia). My goal is to eventually be a college professor! I have about 3 years left working on my PhD.
- I am a HUGE dog lover, and at a party you will definitely find me chilling with the hosts canine. I have two dogs of my own, GW and Rosie. They are both Germans Shorthaired Pointers, and love to run and play! Check out my “About” page for a photo of those two crazies.
- I played basketball in college at a Division II school. I was a bench player, but I loved fulfilling my childhood dream of playing college basketball and am so thankful for all the amazing friends and experiences that it brought with it!
- I am incredibly accident-prone, to the point that I got to know the emergency room way too well as a child. Some of my injuries came from running into a table saw, getting hit in the face with a line drive in softball, and an incident with the Ski Ball machine at Chuck E. Cheese (don’t ask). Somehow, injuries just happened to me and I’m hoping I don’t pass that to my kids!
- I was born and raised in Georgia and it is definitely my home! Although I currently live in Alabama, my goal is to get back to Georgia as soon as possible!
- My sleep is very important to me. I sleep about 9 hours a night but could easily sleep for more! All the research on the importance of sleep suggests for optimal health and functioning you should get a full night’s sleep every night, so I’m not one to pull all-nighters or stay out late. I would rather be functioning at my best!
- Family is very important to me, and I love that I live within 4 hours of everyone in my and my husband’s immediate family. Life is short and should be spent with the one’s you love who will always be there for you, so visiting family frequently is a must for me!
- I am a Christian and my faith is very important to me. I come from a rich heritage of people of faith and was raised in a home filled with the love of Christ, which I want to provide to my family one day! At a large public university that puts me in a minority of those in academia, but luckily I have found a culture of respect and tolerance for people who live according to faith.
- I am really getting into growing my own herbs and flowers in my own yard, and love how my hard work keeps them alive and thriving. Right now I have basil, parsley, cilantro, blueberry plants, gardenias, roses, and hydrangeas! Hopefully they make it through the year lol.
- I love breakfast food most of all! I’ll eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Now, for the questions from Amanda!
- Why did you decide to write your blog?
- I love science and being in the lab working on my research all the time. However, that doesn’t leave much room for a creative side of me, and since I love fashion I wanted a way to express that with like-minded people. So, I created a blog to connect with others with the same passion and to share content that makes me happy!
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
- Italy! The opportunity to go to Europe only came up once for me (Germany and Austria) and I would love to have a chance to go back, especially to Italy. From Rome to Milan to the Vatican I want to see it all! (And drink wine and eat pasta).
- What’s your favorite thing to do to relax?
- Go to the woods! My in-laws have a cabin in the woods in Georgia and it is the #1 place that I can relax. My dogs love to go play there, we can go on long walks, and best of all there is no wifi-a true chance to disconnect!
- What is your favorite blog post you have written?
- I’ve only just started so I only have a few to choose from, but probably my latest post. It has a recipe for basil pesto and features an awesome outfit. I love combining food with fashion!
- How did you choose the name of your blog?
- I alluded to it above, but I chose it because the Ivory Tower is a nickname for academia, which is where I want to spend my career. I love the sound of it though-to me it sounds romantic compared to academia!
- What advice would you give another new blogger?
- Join Style Collective! There is support from other new and established bloggers, forums where you can ask questions (or find answers to questions you didn’t even know you had yet!), and opportunities to work with brands and other bloggers. I am so glad I found it so early on to help me launch this blog!
- What do you envision for your blog one year from now?
- One year from now I hope that I am publishing consistent content that readers love to engage with, and hope that I have had some opportunities to collaborate with great brands!
- What’s your favorite movie?
- This is tough. I’m not a huge movie-goer but like to watch the same ones over and over. One of my top favorites would have to be Silver Linings Playbook!
- Cat or Dog?
- Dog(s). Plural. Love them. Give me all the puppies.
- What’s the mostly delicious food you’ve ever eaten?
- The seafood platter at Chuck’s Fish in Tuscaloosa. They fly their fish in fresh from the gulf every day, their crab cakes are to die for, and their lemon drop martinis are fabulous. My favorite occasion meal.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
- Maybe its just on my mind right now because this season just started, but watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette! I like to believe in finding love for the right reasons-and maybe love the drama too!
Great questions Amanda!
Now I have the chance to nominate new bloggers for the Liebster Award. These two ladies are so inspirational! I choose:
And your questions from me are:
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
- If you could live in any era in history besides right now, what would it be?
- Where is the coolest place you have ever traveled?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favorite TV show to binge watch?
- Where do you hope your blog is one year from today?
- Where do you get your inspiration for your blog posts?
- Who in your life has helped support your dream of having a fashion/lifestyle blog?
- What company would it be your dream to collaborate with?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
Thanks for reading to get to know me everyone! Please be sure to check out my nominees-they are amazing women!
Ivory Tower Chic